Dear Parents and Guardians,
These are extraordinary times in which we find ourselves. We realize how difficult it is for each of you and your families to be in “isolation” at home. We understand it. We get it. The Board of Directors and I want to follow up with an official update on where the Academy is at this point in the pandemic.
- Our teachers have worked extra hard and went “live” on day-one of distance learning. There were academies in the Diocese, and the NYC Public School system, that were not ready. St. Gregory’s was. We continue to be a leader in the Diocese for online learning.
- We have rolled out a tuition payment system, FACTS Tuition Management, that will allow tuition payments, fees, etc. to be paid online. We will officially move to FACTS on July 1, 2020 which means that tuition payments for the 2020/2021 academic year will start on July 1, 2020 (and not on May 1 as in previous years). The payment plan will continue to be a ten-month plan for the coming academic year. As with most payment plans, there are minimal administrative fees; however, for the 2020/2021 academic year, the Academy, through the Diocese, will absorb any and all such fees.
- Tuition for the current academic year should continue to be paid through the online system set up earlier this month. Please keep your tuition payments current, as it is important for the academy’s continued financial health. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Andrews, the Academy Bookkeeper, at [email protected].
- There will not be a Gregorian Festival this year due to the pandemic. This is a significant loss to this year’s fundraising efforts. We anticipate an economic loss to the Academy’s average net annual revenue of approximately $100,000. The Board of Directors is researching ways to compensate for the loss as our expenses for payroll, benefits, etc. have not changed.
- The Academy, with the assistance of our outside public accountants has applied for a PPP Loan with our bank. The application has been approved by the bank, but is awaiting the approval of the federal SBA.
In closing, I just want to thank you for sending your student(s) to St. Greg’s. We understand that these are difficult times for families everywhere. We are all doing the best for our kids and our families. May God bless you all!
St. Gregory The Great pray for us.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve,
Tom Van Buskirk