PLEASE CHECK BACK AS RESOURCES ARE BEING UPDATED WEEKLY
UPDATED – JUNE 22, 2020
As you are aware, we are currently facing a global health crisis forcing our schools to close and for all of us to alter our daily lives. In facing a catastrophe like COVID-19 it can be frightening to both children and adults alike. As the counselor of St. Gregory the Great Catholic Academy I will work to post weekly resources, tips, activities and a referral list for parents, as well as continued evidenced-based prevention counseling to the students.
Uploaded to GoogleClassroom, the students in the grades I have been working with, will find activities and lessons from the “Too Good for Drugs,” “Too Good for Violence,” and “Lifeskills” programs.
If you are concerned about your child’s response to this current crisis, please direct your attention to the referral pages provided to you. All of the staff at St. Gregory’s wants to ensure that our students’ emotional needs are cared for so that the jobs of teaching and learning can resume at the earliest time possible. Thank you and be well.
Click Here for Mrs. Moskowitz recent Letter to Students (May 11, 2020)
Resources For Summer
Distance Learning Resources
- Updates from the Office of the Superintendent
- PDHP Referral List for Queens Schools
- Teaching and Learning Online for Parents
- Google – Getting Started
- 2020 Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom
- Engaging ourselves without the use of Technology
- Student Success Tips for Virtual Learning
- Virtual Tours and Trips
- Journey through Spring with the Central Park Conservatory
Mental Health Resources
- Ways to Cope with Boredom
- PDHP – Talking With Children
- How to Cope with National Disaster
- COVID-19: Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Grief & Loss Counseling
- Healthy eating during Coronavirus
- How To Cope With Anxiety During The COVID
- How Can We Manage Stress?
- Working from Home Amid Corona Virus Outbreak: How Can We Balance it All?
- How Kids Can Maintain Physical Fitness During Social Distancing
- Teaching Our Kids Mindfulness to Get Us Through the COVID-19 Fears
- TIRS Guidebook
- Coronavirus Book for Kids
- Mindfulness Yoga Posters
- The Kids Guide to the Coronavirus
- First Aid for Feelings: A Workbook to Help Kids Cope During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Discussing the Protests and Racism with your Children
- Your Age-by-Age Guide to Talking About Race